Be in Control.
Be in control of what you do and want!
Let us have a look at the things that we are in control of and what things we don’t control.
Sometimes we struggle to have time to do the things we want to do. We say we are busy, but busy is just another way of saying “I chose this less important thing over you, or this other thing I actually wanted to do”.
How do we know what to do?
We start by looking at the big things in life that are the most important to us. For most of us this will be family, friends, work, health, sports etc. and then we have all these small things that take a lot of our time without us thinking about it – grocery shopping, eating out, going for drinks, social media, telephone calls, commuting and driving, Netflix etc.
At the end of the day we don’t know where time went and we surely know that we don’t have time to do what we wanted to do because things ended up not at all after plan. This is in general called life. It is meant to be chaos and we are meant to be trying to figure out how to dance through this chaos.
So here are some very helpful tricks to get on top of things.
- Block out next Sunday 2-4pm, determine a space where you will go and to write down all important things in your life. Give them a score and rank them.
- Ask yourself which things you actually are in control off.
- Give the highest ranking things a set out time in your calendar the next 4 weeks. Put your CrossFit sessions where it suits you and stick to it.
- You control your sleep so wake up earlier. Go up 1 hour earlier than you do know and ask yourself what you could do with this time that will help you or someone else.
- Go to bed one hour earlier. For the next 4 weeks go to bed earlier and be non-forgiving to leisure or parties. Go home and sleep.
- Be German. Always be on time! Respect your time and others.
- What can you say no to? Learn to say no to unimportant stuff in your life.
Hopefully this gave you some inspiration and let us know if you came to any changes.